Request a Call From an Imaging Specialist
Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer-related death in the United States. As with many other types of cancer, when found early, lung cancer can be highly curable.
South Shore Health System offers screening with low-dose computed tomography (CT) — the only recommended screening for people at high risk for lung cancer.
All health plans cover lung cancer screenings for individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Must be between 55-77 years old
- A current smoker or quit in the past 15 years
- Smoked at least a pack of cigarettes a day for 30+ years
- No history of cancer within the past five years
- Documented lung cancer screening counseling with your health care provider
If you have questions about these eligibility requirements and want to talk to an imaging specialist, please fill out the form to the right. Someone on our team will call you back within 2 business days.